State Nation and World
Official says roadside bomb kills 2, including a district chief, in southern Afghanistan
Activists are hopeful that the newly expanded Cortez Middle School heritage orchard can help grow congressional support in Washington, D.C.
Lobbyists with the National...
- GED program a springboard to college
- School board weighs mill levy
- Mariah Bradshaw earns sheriff scholarship
- Local officials worry about e-cigarettes
- Launching learning
Tina Sebestyen, founder and former president of the Four Corners Beekeepers Association, is teaching the basics to prospective apiarists in Cortez this week, as part of a...
- USDA proposes payment rule to close Farm Bill loophole
- Ag Expo honors work of behind-the-scenes volunteers
- Do you know where your livestock are?
- Ag Expo, Saturday: Politics, dogs highlight session
- Ag Expo, Friday: Tips on grazing, trailriding
Colorado business regulators have accused a Texas company and its owner of defrauding investors by falsely telling them the firm was working on a new technology to dispose of...
- Denver judge weighs whether to roll back coal mine approvals
- Homeless fight for their rights
- Plumber Sparks marks 30 years
- Tax credit boundaries won’t affect county
- U.S. Forest Service wants marina operator
The Bureau of Land Management Special...
Looking Back Chokecherry butter – coyote medicine Part 2: Continued from April 3 issue of The Cortez Journal
When we lived on the Dolores River at...
SALIDA – Traveling around the...
A deputy with the Montezuma County Sheriff's Office was patrolling Dolores when he saw a burning 1977 Winnebago.
The RV was traveling west on Highway 145 when it jumped...
- Rio Grande awaits appeal
- Dolores artist takes action
- Mesa Verde's $60M local impact
- Wandering condor N8 checks out Los Alamos
- Talking about body image
As an east-west thoroughfare for the roughly 10,000 drivers who pass through Mancos each day, U.S. 160 serves its purpose. However, for those who work and live on either side of...
- Mancos tax revenue rises
- Excelsior biochar may reduce dust
- Wandering condor N8 checks out N.M.
- Students prepare for one-of-a-kind performance
- OHV bill crashes