A 39-year-old Cortez native, single father of three and combat medic has been named non-commissioned officer of the year in an army-wide competition in Fort Bliss, Texas, where he is stationed.
State Nation and World
Ex-Guantanamo detainees keep up protest in Uruguay, demanding US help for their resettlement
Montezuma County Sheriff Steven D. Nowlin has announced that Mariah Bradshaw, a Mancos High School student, is this year’s recipient of the County Sheriffs of Colorado,...
- Local officials worry about e-cigarettes
- Launching learning
- 3 students win at science fair
- M-CHS band boosters selling raffle tickets
- Messy helping hands
Tina Sebestyen, founder and former president of the Four Corners Beekeepers Association, is teaching the basics to prospective apiarists in Cortez this week, as part of a...
- USDA proposes payment rule to close Farm Bill loophole
- Ag Expo honors work of behind-the-scenes volunteers
- Do you know where your livestock are?
- Ag Expo, Saturday: Politics, dogs highlight session
- Ag Expo, Friday: Tips on grazing, trailriding
Plans were recently approved by the city’s Planning and Zoning Department for a new youth-centered music school in Cortez, but before renovations on the building begin,...
- Zeroing in on cancer
- Americans see green light for legalizing marijuana
- Living small
- Are we a step closer to Denver TV?
- New Southwest CEO has big goals
There are more than 3 million artifacts in the Anasazi Heritage Center museum, but only a fraction of the pre-historic pieces are on display.
To see more, the museum...
- School board weighs mill levy
- Forest Service seeks marina operator
- I'll take a taste ...
- Hollywood file released to Star
- Family time at McPhee
Chris Parish, who has worked with California condors since their reintroduction near the Grand Canyon since 1997, says that lead is the bird's worst enemy.
"If you look...
- Backyard farming discussion to continue
- Schools hope to float bond
- Economic summit brings ideas
- Mancos eyes public safety on U.S. 160
- MCEDA holding annual meeting April 29