The Montezuma-Cortez High School Panthers boys basketball team flashed potential en route to a second-place finish at the Cortez Tournament.
High School Sports
Coming off a 1-19 season, the Montezuma-Cortez High School Panthers girls basketball team knew that this year might not be easy.
They might not have expected things to be quite as hard as they have been...
- Panthers spirit teams win at regionals
- Grapplers have high hopes
- Athlete of the week: Amanda Haukeness
- Panthers lose opener, doomed by fast-break defense
- Four M-CHS athletes selected to all-conference teams
- Bulldogs looking strong
- New-look Panthers looking to improve
- Dove Creek wrestlers ready to roll
- Condé Nast readers rank Telluride the No. 1 ski area in U.S., Canada
More often than not, football officials make headlines for what they did wrong. A missed call here, an inadvertent whistle there and before long, a picture of a zebra-clad crew appears in the paper.
For a local...
- Rudolph Run honors girl’s fight with disability
- Cortez Middle School fall sports recap
- Why ‘Redskins’ is not a bad word
- Warriors Winter Challenge pushes runners
- Stanley performs well at fitness event
- Women ready for Fitness Weekend
- 42nd annual Elks Hoops Shoot set for Dec. 8
- Basketball tourney set for Towaoc
- Vonn partially tears ACL
According to Dolores High School wrestling coach Leo Garand, this season will be a rebuilding one for the Bears.
With plenty of talent on the team's 12-man roster...
- Put away the bike, break out the skis, snowboards
- Rudolph Run honors girl's fight with disability
- Bears have promising roster
- Bears looking strong
- Forest Service calls truce in spat over ski-area water
Two games into the season, the Mancos High School boys basketball team is rolling.
Opening their season against the Monument Valley (Utah) junior varsity on Dec. 6 in...
- Wrestlers kick off season
- Bluebird wrestling back in action
- Bluejays look to revitalize proud program
- Girls hope to improve, focus on fast-paced style
- Boycott over gun laws is a bust